"If you hear a voice within you say, 'you cannot paint,' then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced." --Vincent van Gogh

Monday, December 31, 2007

Looks Like We Made It ...

Mom was a big Barry Manilow fan while I was growing up (maybe she still is!) so couldn't resist that title ...

I didn't get into my studio today like I'd hoped, so here's a pic of the earrings I made on commission. They are a little brighter (background is orange) in person, but it was hard to get a good pic. Thanks for all who gave me feedback on my first pair - I appreciate it very much! I was glad to get these in the mail today. I hope they make their new owner happy when she wears them!

So, I'm not really planning to make any resolutions for next year because it always seems like that is just setting myself up to fail, but I'm not beyond having a few goals, so here they are:

*To read a book, for pleasure, every month.
*To exercise more and eat local when I can (Dominos is local right? They do deliver, after all!)
*To visit the Farmer's Market once a week (see above)
*To set regular studio hours to create my art and KEEP THEM
*To continue to work towards my goals of publication and possibly enter some shows
*To produce at least one piece for Ami Simms' Alzheimers Art Quilt Initiative (I've wanted to do this for a while and just never have)
*To strive to finish the projects that are worth finishing, and re-work those that are not.
*To end 2008 with less debt than I started with

Gee, those all sure sound like resolutions! So here's a final one:
*I will not beat myself up for any of the above that I do not accomplish, but I promise to TRY!

I can't believe the month of December has come and gone ... hopefully I will blog more than in previous months (but not every day!!!) ... be sure to check back tomorrow for the drawing. You can still get in on it if you leave me a comment! :o)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your non-resolutions and the eating locally one tickled my funny bone.

I think your goals are reasonable and I like the fact that you're not going to beat yourself up if you're unable to keep make some of them. It's the attempt that counts, right? We just keep plugging away and do what we can.

Karen

Sequana said...

Happy New Year, Michelle. *S*

The earrings are beautiful. Pls do try to join us all who work with Ami Simms. It's very rewarding, and doesn't take up a lot of time, once you get going.