"If you hear a voice within you say, 'you cannot paint,' then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced." --Vincent van Gogh

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Living in the Projects

That's how it is ... always a million projects going on! I did manage to get 4 Christmas gifts in the mail today, and to get to the bank. Nice to cross those tasks off my list! I am working on some valances for a friend - 4 windows, all different sizes, but the same type valance. Hopefully I'll remember to take a picture when they're done. The fabric is really nice and I think they'll look great - just a lot of work to take on at this time of year!

I picked up these Gingko leaves at a park a few weeks ago. I was hoping to work with them while they were still fresh, but no such luck. They are all dry now, but well pressed and I will still work with them when I have some time - just have to handle more carefully I guess. I might trace some of them to make some stencil patterns or something. Not sure yet.

If you are interested in more free images, here's a link to another holiday countdown:

http://artist-how-to.com/Christmascountdown07.htm

It's awfully generous of these folks to share these images ... now if I could just find the time to save them somewhere. Another project, I guess!

Don't forget to leave me a comment! See 12/1 post for details. I'm going to have a give-away in a couple of days. See if you can figure out why.

1 comment:

TracyB said...

What about sealing them and making one of your frames with them? Or roller printing one side and transfering onto fabric (sort of like treating it as a rubber stamp)? I'm just not sure how they'd hold up or if you'd need to seal them then ink them?