I managed to take the next step on my gold and gray piece. It was looking far too brown and purple, so that needs to be remedied. That's what I love about art - it's really problem solving, which my left brain truly enjoys.
So - remember those gingko leaves? The beautiful gold and green ones that I did not manage to use until they were completely dried out? I traced them onto some craft foam, cut them out and glued them to cardboard to make my own stamp.
I painted the stamp with gold Lumiere and pressed it onto the piece (since I couldn't find my breyer - but I know where it is now). Then I did the same with pewter Lumiere, but only painted a few select leaves. This is the result. The next step will be to free-motion some black crystal organza over the whole piece and then melt some of it away. I've got some lavender cheesecloth, which I'd like to add to the piece, and I'm trying to decide if I should add it underneath the organza, or wait until later. I'm a little nervous to add too much purple back in at this point, but my head is telling me to do it, so maybe I will.
I guess you'll just have to stay tuned!
Love at Tea Time Quilt Squares, Sew Somerset
1 hour ago