"If you hear a voice within you say, 'you cannot paint,' then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced." --Vincent van Gogh

Sunday, December 16, 2007

My Very Own Wing Ding!

Isn't it great! My cyber-friend Elizabeth makes them. She uses recycled metal object, which of course is right up my alley! A while ago she was asking for feedback on part of her design. I told her I liked them so much that I was seriously considering buying one (sometimes she sells them in her Etsy shop). Well, she emailed me back and asked if we could work out a trade instead - lucky me! She said she has admired my composition notebook covers, and if I would make her one, she would make me a Wing Ding.
So I made the journal that appeared in my 12/2 blog post and received this lovely bird in exchage. The center body is a vintage metal cookie press disk. Isn't it wonderful! A true inspiration. Thank you so much, Elizabeth!


4 comments:

Jeanne Turner McBrayer said...

I love it, too. Whimsical, beautiful, and inspirational all in one. I am partial to birds, too.

Anonymous said...

This is really cute Michelle and so imaginative.

Karen

TracyB said...

These are absolutely wonderful. I love it when you can take someone else's trash and make beautiful art from it!!

andrea said...

what a lovely trade you guys made!