"If you hear a voice within you say, 'you cannot paint,' then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced." --Vincent van Gogh

Monday, December 10, 2007

Clematis Revisited

Back in August I posted a photo I took of a Clematis flower in my garden. You can see the post and the photo here: http://stitchandpaint.blogspot.com/2007/08/in-my-garden.html Not long afterwards, one of the groups I belong to, Surface Design, issued a challenge to use a photo as inspiration to make a fabric postcard. I offered my Clematis photo for this challenge, and it was one of the ones selected.

Yesterday, Franciose in Belgium posted her results for the challenge. Click on her name and it will take you to her blog so you can see the results. I absolutely LOVE the way that she interpreted this photo! It's a gorgeous abstraction.

I haven't made any more progress on the gold and gray idea. Karen left a comment suggesting I add some lavender to the piece. I thought that was a great idea and I'm going to try to work some into it. I'm always amazed when people see colors like that in unlikely places. Thanks, Karen. Today I am going to tie dye some more socks. And grocery shop, start the laundry, try to get the Christmas decorations up, wrap some gifts, attempt to locate my countertops, get to the bank, and the post office ... fun fun!

Until tomorrow ...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way to Go Michelle, it is a very interesting interpretation of the Clematis. Courage is the ability to step outside of the comfort zone and "Go for it."
wiseguy