"If you hear a voice within you say, 'you cannot paint,' then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced." --Vincent van Gogh

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Two Winners and Some Exciting News!

I drew two names this morning (well, actually I set my daughter up for the task) and the two winners for my 100th post drawing are ..... Sequana and Fannie! I'll contact you ladies back channel and have a goodie to you soon. Stay tuned for more opportunities and thanks once again to all who leave comments!

Now for the exciting news - a project that I've been working on was accepted by the magazine Cloth Paper Scissors (one of my favorites and a part of Quilting Arts) . Periodically they publish and online newsletter called "Embellishments" and today my project was published in that - so my name and idea have now gone out to over 30,000 people. That is just too fun. I wanted to post a photo of the project, but alas ... computer issues again. Durn computer! I'll share a photo as soon as I can, or you can go to the Quilting Arts (.com) website and sign up to receive "Embellishments" for free!!!

5 comments:

Jeanne Turner McBrayer said...

I got that newsletter today and decided I did not have time to read it. After I read your blog, I retrieved it. Wow! Congratulations!

Sequana said...

Well, don't I feel stupid? I DID read that but didn't recognize your name. I'm sorry. :(

What a great holiday gift for you. I love both those zines.

Oh, and btw....I'm so glad my name was pulled in the contest. Will I get one of those projects from the newsletter?...*hint, hint*

Joanna said...

Congratulations Michelle!

Cathie said...

Hey girl - I am sooooo proud of you. I'll bet you're thrilled! I now can say I know someone famous.
XO

Fannie said...

Thank you, Michelle! I love the gift. You definitely are a talented textile artist and a generous friend. Blessings to you! I wish you continued success in all you do!