"If you hear a voice within you say, 'you cannot paint,' then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced." --Vincent van Gogh

Friday, December 14, 2007

Confused ...

In spite of what the rest of the country seems to be dealing with, it has been incredibly warm here. In fact, we have set a record high the last four days, and today was warm and sunny as well. I found this little guy in my front flower bed, nestled amongst the brown fallen oak leaves and bronzing nandina ... a bright red Gerbera Daisy, looking very Christmassy if I do say so myself. I just love these flowers. They come back every year and seem to thrive in the baking summer sun. I'm not usually treated to their beauty in December, though. Which reminds me that my camellias should be blooming soon. I'll have to go check them out.

The curtains were hung in the kitchen with care ... woo hoo! I got them done, and hung in time for my friend's holiday party tomorrow night. Here are the photos. I absolutely love the one above her kitchen sink. What a gorgeous window. And the valance fit perfectly! The bay window came out nice, as well, but bays are such a pain to deal with that I have a hard time enjoying the finished product. I am grateful that they are finished and that everything "fit"!!!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those Valances look great. I also enjoy your comments, they are also very artful.
Wiseguy

Anonymous said...

Ooh I love those you did a really great job with them and the fabric goes well with the decor.

Karen