"If you hear a voice within you say, 'you cannot paint,' then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced." --Vincent van Gogh

Sunday, December 9, 2007

Summer Remembered

We seem to be sitting in this pocket of warm air, while much of the country deals with ice and snow. It is near 70F today with highs expected near 80 tomorrow. The only reminders that it is December are the leaves on the ground and the darkness that falls so early this time of year. Well, that and the Christmas lights!

I thought I would share with you one of my favorite photos from our trip to the beach last August. I just love the sandpipers, and watched this guy fish for quite a while.

I started picking out fabrics for my gold and gray quilt. Here's what I pulled from my stash. I need a dark fabric, and I think I will proceed by painting up some dryer sheets in the colors that I need. I really love the ways these look together, so think I'm on the right creative path at the moment.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

cool fabrics
can't wait to see what you come up with
for these

happy fall, winter's almost here

-C

Jeanne Turner McBrayer said...

Nice picture of the sandpiper with reflection. It definitely is too warm to be Christmasy, but I enjoyed the balmy weekend.

Fannie said...

Hi, Michelle. I found you through Dove's blog.

I really like this picture of the sandpiper because of its reflection. Nice photo.

Your projects are interesting. Good luck.