Tuesday, July 31, 2007
Wednesday, July 18, 2007
I used 1/2 yard of muslin and a 1 quart plastic jar with lid. I mixed up my dye in the jar, roughly 1/2 tsp dye to 1/2 cup warm water (plus chems and all that other fun dye stuff). The fabric was soaked in warm water and wadded up into a ball, and put into the jar. In a separate jar, I mixed my second color, then poured this on top of the fabric in the original container. I put the lid on it and let it sit for 3 hours or so. I was pleased that the colors did not mix completely, but rather, they mixed in some places and stayed true in others. Today I decided to experiment with complementary colors to see if they would mix and become muddy, and they did not! The orange and blue is actually one of my favorite pieces.
It's probably a good thing I ran out of fabric - I need to get some other stuff done!!!
Tuesday, July 17, 2007
Wednesday, July 11, 2007
Monday, July 9, 2007
Tuesday, July 3, 2007
My husband just celebrated one of those "OH" birthdays, so we took a little camping trip to the North Carolina mountains, and here is how we rang in the new decade:
What a blast!
In the meantime, I am taking another class through Quilt University - this one is fabric dyeing. I've got a stack of fabrics now, and it will take me forever to use them all, but it's been lots of fun. I am signed up to take part 2 of the class, which starts at the end of July. Still not sure that was a good idea! So below are some photos of a few of the pieces I have dyed. The first and last are silk, the rest are cotton. I have no clue what I will do with the silk pieces, but they sure are lucious!