"If you hear a voice within you say, 'you cannot paint,' then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced." --Vincent van Gogh

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Progress!

Well, at least I got my photos to load! Here's the beginnings of my gold and gray piece ... like I said, it's too brown. Hopefully an overlay will help. I don't really have a plan, just doing what seems like it needs to have done. We'll see where I end up. I'll keep updating my progress here!


And here are 3 of the valances, draped across my dining room table. Isn't that fabric gorgeous? I finished the 4th one today and I'm off to Lowes to pick up some boards so I can mount them. I will be glad when they're finished. Hopefully I'll be able to take a photo after they've been installed.

3 comments:

Val said...

Hi Michelle - Just popped over to see what you've been up to. Enjoyed reading your posts - lovely postcards. I loved the valances too - what are you making with the 'brown' piece - lovely fabrics - are you going to paint it? Val

Anonymous said...

I really like your quilt so far Michelle and the valences are just lovely.

Karen

Jeanne Turner McBrayer said...

I would be interested to know your valance-making process and how you mount them to boards. A future topic?

Your gold and gray piece looks brown and purple on my screen. But it is lovely!