"If you hear a voice within you say, 'you cannot paint,' then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced." --Vincent van Gogh

Saturday, December 1, 2007

December Blog-A-Thon

December 1st - one more month and I will be struggling to remember that a new year is upon us when I write the date! As I mentioned yesterday, I've decided to attempt to blog every day in December. I know I should be making positive statements ~ "I WILL blog every day in December" ~ but feeling like I need to leave myself some wiggle room. We'll see what happens, but at the very least my blog should be much more active than in previous months and I hope you'll check back often.
I have at least 2 giveaways planned this month and the first one starts today. If you leave a comment for me during the month of December, I will enter you into a drawing to win something I've made. Not sure what yet, but I will draw on January 1st. Be sure I can contact you, or check back on 1/1 so you can contact me. You can comment as many times as you'd like - I love getting feedback and knowing friends have visited, but each person only gets one entry.
Today I'm sharing photos of a story box I made for a trade. It is an altered box (I used a cheese
container) with an abbreviated story inside (I used bottlecaps, big surprise!). The theme was "vintage Christmas". I guess I'm still not much of a vintage person, but I think it will do. I started making a couple more but had to put them away. Maybe I'll get them out and finish them this week.

7 comments:

Sequana said...

I'd love to win something you made. *S* I keep wanting to do something with bottlecaps I have around here, but I just keep putting it off. I'm glad to see someone is on the ball.

morningDove said...

hi michelle: consider me signed up for Dec. I saw your christmas box on the site. You do great work. We trade together. I would love to try bottlecaps. The ones of the children are adorable.

TracyB said...

Michelle, your bottlecap art is WONDERFUL!! It's amazing that you can take old metal bottlecaps and make such nice art from it!!

Anonymous said...

You can enter me in your drawing or can you say "Christmas". I have a bottle cap cluster of grapes made by someone who lived on a farm in the Cattskill Mts. of New York. Your talents go way back.

Wiseguy

Judi said...

Your bottlecaps and story boxes are so cool. I would love to sign up for you givaway. Judi dyehard runoff

AZPatch said...

Michelle,
Nice blog and gorgeous stuff.

AZPatch said...

Michelle,
Thanks for sharing your blog with the Runoff group. You do gorgeous work.

Margo