"If you hear a voice within you say, 'you cannot paint,' then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced." --Vincent van Gogh

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

What A Blast!

Here's how my gold and gray piece looks now ...

I added some curls of lavender cheesecloth strips, which seem to be standing out a little more than I'd like, but hopefully as I move on with the piece, they will become just an accent. Then I stitched the black organza to the stop and blasted it with a heat gun. Watching the organza disappear in the blast of the heat gun is so much fun, it's hard to know when to stop! I grazed the surface with a little more gold paint and next I will begin to work on embellishments to grace the surface. At least it is not so brown now, so the organza has served its purpose!

3 comments:

morningDove said...

Michelle this is a rich piece of work. I have never used a heat gun, must I buy one? I love the lavender piece.

TracyB said...

This is coming out absolutely fabulous!!

Anonymous said...

Really nice Michelle, I like the lavender. This is such a fantastic piece of work.

Karen