"If you hear a voice within you say, 'you cannot paint,' then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced." --Vincent van Gogh

Thursday, August 16, 2007

In My Garden

I've been making some journal covers, though they're not too exciting. They are for the store, and since the owner wants me to use recycled stuff, they are covered with corduroy fabric remnants and bits of old denim and such. I'll post some pics soon. I would really like to be making these out of my hand dyed fabrics. I am realizing that I need to be careful to not lose touch with my Muse and what she wants, just in order to fill a niche.

I also continue to hem and haw over the frames, and to move my stuff into it's new space, so full-out creating is a bit difficult right now. I am planning to do some more dyeing today (even though the weather forecast is 102!). I have an idea floating in my head for a small quilt that might turn into a series if it works out, so I'm sure there is plenty to come!

For today, I thought I would post some pics I've taken around the house this year. I love the freedom of digital photography. No wasted shots! Maybe someday I'll take time to figure out how to really use my camera. For now, enjoy!

May is a terrific time for flowers here:


I love my peonies!




and Clematis!



Later in summer as the heat sets in ...



This Canna Lily is fantastic - yellow and orange, and at times streaked with dark red!


This is the same plant as it begins to bloom - it's about 4 feet tall right now

Here's a new leaf poking through on my banana palm!



Thes are the seed pods that form on my Japanese Snowbell tree after it flowers in May. It was one of the first things we planted when we moved here 15 years ago, and it is still one of my favorites.



And finally, a Caladium leaf - it is over a foot long and a riot of red, green and pink.



I hope you enjoyed your visit!

No comments: