"If you hear a voice within you say, 'you cannot paint,' then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced." --Vincent van Gogh

Thursday, January 24, 2008

January's Read


One of my goals this year was to read a book each month. I chose this book for January. It was an easy read, and I enjoyed the book. It is about a group of 4 friends who happen to find a pair of jeans at a thrift shop that they each fit into. This is their first summer apart, and they send the pants to each other throughout. I found myself thinking I would enjoy the book more if the girls were a little older. They are 15 and some of their experiences seemed a little beyond their years. I wondered if I was just being old and prudish. I tried to imagine how I would have felt if I were 15 (probably would have worshipped them!) The day after I finished the book, I saw a friend who happens to have a daughter that age ... and could not imagine her in some of those situations. So, that's my little review. But still a fun book. I was surprised to know that there are 3 more summers worth of books in this (now) series - so if I want to see what mischief they get into as they grow up (or if I get behind and need an easy read!), I'll know where to go.

1 comment:

Cathie said...

Hey girl!!! Love love love this story. Read the book - saw the movie -- which, by the way, features Ugly Betty (America Ferrera!!) There are one or two more in this series.

Wanted to tell you Dorothy assembled her fractured quilt. Come take a look on my blog - it really came out stunning. She did a magnificient job of tweaking it and fitting it together. WOW

Oh - and the dress -- it's done. I'm posting pictures tomorow. Give me a call over the weekend - let's get together -- maybe a play date? Or just coffee? Or Greek? Your call as I've got some time this coming week.

XO