"If you hear a voice within you say, 'you cannot paint,' then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced." --Vincent van Gogh

Friday, February 1, 2008

163

That's how many bottle caps I have turned into "something" in the past two days. Well, that's if I counted right - who knows! It was a lot though. Magnets, jewelry, and my latest creation... book marks!
I added a charm after this photo was taken, but you get the idea. They actually work quite well and I'm sure I will make many more.

I have some great news! A friend and I went into the City to propose to a gallery there that they might like to carry our stuff - and we both were accepted! I brought some map frames (using maps of the City) and bottlecap jewelry there today. I hope it does well. It is in a really great location. I love the store. Very ecclectic. It's called Knockabout and it really is a nifty place. Here's some of the jewelry that I took there today:

I think I have finally decided how to finish the gold and gray piece. The good news is, it's a fairly simple finish, so hopefully I will have that to show you next week. And, not to keep you in suspense any longer, here is the project that I gave you a glimpse of in my last post:

It is a pin, which is now in the possession of the lovely lady in the photo, who happens to live in Holland. The wings were made using the paper towel technique that was published in CPS. The diamond in the center is a piece of my dyed paper towel coated with glitter embossing powder. The bead is made from tyvek - and of course the bottlecap. Truly a recycled piece.

That's all for now - hopefully I won't be away so long next time!



3 comments:

Digitalgran said...

I've never commented on your bottle tops Michelle, but I think you are doing some wonderful things with them. Good luck with selling in the gallery. I'm sure they will go very well. I shall take a look at their website now.

Sequana said...

Good luck for sales! I'd be buying them if I weren't working with bottlecaps myself.

Are those keyrings at the bottom?

Love the bookmarks too.

Anonymous said...

Really nice stuff Michelle. I'm so glad that the shop took your jewelry and I hope you do well there.