"If you hear a voice within you say, 'you cannot paint,' then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced." --Vincent van Gogh

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Gold and Gray Continued

Here's an update on my progress on this piece. I decided it was time to add batting and quilt it. I like my swirls that I had stitched on previously, so I just echoed those. I painted some dryer sheets and cut out gingko leaf shapes and stitched those down as well. I wasn't really planning for this to be a gingko piece, but it has become that. I feel that it's getting close to done. I need to bind it, and I would like to add some embellishments - maybe beads or buttons, I'm not sure yet. The second photo is a detail shot.


6 comments:

TracyB said...

It's coming along really nicely!!!
Have you decided how you'll bind it? (I like the raw edges.)

Fannie said...

Hi, Michelle. You have a potpourri of many techniques in this piece. Wonderful! I like the complementary colors of purple and yellow/gold against the earth tones. What size is this piece?

Fannie said...

You mentioned this is your birthday month? What day is your birthday?

Anonymous said...

This is so yummy, you've done an incredible job with it Michelle. How big is it? You could frame it and call it a work of art it's so pretty.

Vivian said...

Michelle, this piece is great! And Happy Birthday month to you!

Elizabeth said...

Michelle!
I love this piece!! There is so much depth to it. Can't wait to see what you do with it!!
Hugs!
Elizabeth