"If you hear a voice within you say, 'you cannot paint,' then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced." --Vincent van Gogh

Saturday, January 5, 2008

Distressed Alphabet Sampler

My apologies to those of you who got used to checking in on me every day! I have to admit I've enjoyed this little break. I haven't accomplished much, but I did do a little more work on my gold and gray piece. I'll share the results as soon as I can get a decent picture. With the computer trouble I had last month, my photo software is not right, and I can't seem to load any photos that I've cropped or otherwise corrected. Not sure when it will get fixed, either. Sigh.

If you remember the pile of "J"s that I posted a while back - here is the alphabet set I got in return. Isn't it cool? I've got to figure out a good way to mount these. I am missing L and U, and I have two Ps (the L person made P by mistake, the U person just flaked I guess), so I've got to make those, but I really love how they look all together and the collective impact a group of 25 diverse artists can have.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This letter swap makes me want to get back into some kind of swap again. Remember getting squishies in the mail? -C

Cathie said...

Pretty cool! Watcha gonna do with those? You could use One letter for the begining of each word in a vertical hanging like:

F aimily
A spire
I ntuition
T ogetherness
H ome

And link each word together with the next word with a piece of wire, or something. Just an idea that plunged into my head when I saw these!! I guess I got excited :)

Anonymous said...

Those are really nice Michelle I like them a lot.