"If you hear a voice within you say, 'you cannot paint,' then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced." --Vincent van Gogh

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Tissue Paper Study Finished!

My 6 inch tissue paper pieces are finally finished. Yay! I wanted to try some different things with tissue paper, so I joined an exchange with some of the ladies in the Surface Design group. The first two were posted previously and these are the last four. These little art pieces will be going to live in Australia, Canada, New Hampshire, Nevada, and right here in North Carolina - how great is that?
This piece is the oddball of the bunch - at least in that I used a different technique than with the others. The background, and the strip on the left are "paper fabric" - in other words, pieces of tissue and other papers glued to a muslin base. This allows for cutting and stitching. The flower is, of course, toilet tissue. The saying reads, "The sun does not shine for a few trees and flowers, but for the wide world's joy." -Henry Ward Beecher.
This piece is similar to the previous ones and I'll bet you can recognize the flower from the tutorial! The background has the word "flower" written in several languages.

This is another piece with a "paper fabric" background - so I guess the other one wasn't an oddball after all. I used the same stamp as in "la cancion", just painted different colors.


And finally another fish ... made because I will probably keep the original fish piece for myself.

I heard a great quote last night - "Sometimes I live in my own little world, but that's ok because everybody likes me here!" - I love it!!!

8 comments:

Joanna said...

Michelle! I love these! Can I put a the one with the lady and the guitar on our home page? You've out done yourself!
Joanna

Jeanne Turner McBrayer said...

These are all beautiful! Well done! I like the first one the best.

Terri Stegmiller said...

These are wonderful!

Unknown said...

Michelle these are awesome!!! Great work!!!
Patsy

Debbi Baker said...

Hi Michelle - Of course I couldn't resist checking once I realised I was in your group!! I love them all - they are fabulous. I am finishing mine on Saturday and I have done something completely different so this will be very interesting trade I think! I'll post mine to my blog as soon a sthey are finished if you want an advance peak. Mine are all very similar.

Val said...

Michelle, these are just wonderful. I like the first 'oddball' the best of all, and can I adopt your quote too - just magic! Val

LW said...

Michelle,
how wonderful!
I love the lady, what wonderful colors...

Louise

Vivian said...

Michelle, These are beautiful! I love the colors!