"If you hear a voice within you say, 'you cannot paint,' then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced." --Vincent van Gogh

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Second Attempt & More Pieces ...

Here 's an updated look at the blue piece from the previous post ... I have to say that the colors in the previous post are more accurate (the orange and red wavy lines are pretty bright), but you get the idea. I think it looks better ... more interesting, although it is also a lot busier. It's done. I think. I hope.
Here are a few more pieces I've finished ... this first one (below) is 8x10. I like how it turned out.
This one if 5x7 and done similar to the "Graffiti" piece from last month (which is SOLD!). It kind of reminds me of a map of the world. Sorry about the blurry photo!I joined an online Halloween swap called "Sweet & Sinister" - the idea was to send your partner something "sweet", something "sinister", and a few other things, but to stay within a black/white/orange color scheme. I can't post a pic of what I sent because she hasn't received it yet, but here is the card that I made for her. The face was a tag off one of the items I purchased for the swap. I thought it would be funny to put a bow on his "sinister" face and call him "sweet". Hey - at least I can still amuse myself, right???










1 comment:

His Office, My Studio said...

Hi, I just finished looking at your blog. I love your work! I found you from the Surface Design Group, which I am a member but a lurker and have not posted a message.