"If you hear a voice within you say, 'you cannot paint,' then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced." --Vincent van Gogh

Friday, September 28, 2007

Tick Tock ...



I joined a swap through Artsy Mama's blog called "Sweet and Sinister". The object was to choose a selection of gifts for your partner, some "sweet" and some "sinister" - just in time for Halloween. Everything had to be in black and shades of white, with a touch of orange here and there. It was so much fun finding things with this color scheme. I wish I had taken a photo of the whole package before I shipped it off. You'll have to settle for the "handmade" item, which I sent to my partner, Andrea. You can see the box she sent to me on her blog ... it should arrive early next week and it looks awesome ... what a tease!
Anyway - this isn't very Halloween-ish, but I have been wanting to use my bottlecaps as clock numbers. I found this great quote in an ad for beachfront property and it was just perfect. Since Andrea received it today - I can finally share it here. I think I will make another for me!
Be sure to check out the great stuff on Andrea's blog! Great stuff!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

the clock is AWESOME and now has home in my studio, i love it! thanks for being a *great* partner!!

Val said...

Oh great! I'm so pleased Andrea liked the clock Michelle. I think those number tops. are brilliant - well so is the whole piece! Val