"If you hear a voice within you say, 'you cannot paint,' then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced." --Vincent van Gogh

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Dotee Dolls


There is an artist in Australia named Dot. She has created these adorable little dolls and she calls them Dotee Dolls. My Textile Challenges group is doing a trade with these dolls, and here are the 3 I created. As they came together, they each took on their own personalities, and so, I'd like to introduce them to you... from left to right ...
Dot Calm ~ aka Little Miss Mellow. She likes to take it E-Z! She is often heard saying, "I wasn't sleeping, I was just resting my eyes!".
Dippin' Dot - This beach bum will take a dippin' your pool or a dippin' the ocean. As long as there's warm sun, cool water, and a fruity drink, she's happy. She is often heard saying, "I may be a beach bum, but I'm not barnacle brain!"
Polka Dotee - She's a glamour girl who's a bit over the top. Often heard saying, "If it's got shine, it's MINE!".

5 comments:

Cathie said...

These are soooo cute. I wish I would have joined in. I have partial feelings for "Polka Dot!"

XO

TracyB said...

Michelle, these are absolutlely wonderful!! LOVE them!
Tracy

Jeanne Turner McBrayer said...

I love these Dots and their clever names!

Barbara said...

what a beautiful blog ! I see many inspirations! will visit again! Warm regards Barbara

mzjohansen said...

Love the Dottee Dolls !What fun !