"If you hear a voice within you say, 'you cannot paint,' then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced." --Vincent van Gogh

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

A Quickie


I am trying to keep up with the monthly challenges of the Artist's Muse group. This month we were asked to prepare a surface with fusible, cut random shapes from fabrics, and then choose a fabric without looking, place it on the surface and continue. The rules ... you must use what you choose, and once it is placed, it has to remain where you put it.
I decided to use my scraps of painted dryer sheets to make this 5x7 piece. The colors are so vibrant and it was a lot of fun to see what came up when I chose each piece. Once it was finished, and fused, I put a piece of gold mesh fabric on top and stitched it all together. I decided to just attach one handmade paper bead to the piece, using wire to attach it. The bead has many colors in it - it doesn't show up real well in the photo.
This piece was quick, easy, and fun. I might even make a few more! And I love how the sheerness of the dryer sheets plays on the colors - I wasn't really thinking about that, guess it was a happy accident.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is awesome Michelle!

Debbi Baker said...

This is really pretty Michelle - the translucency is really gorgeous. Your latest dyed fabric is terrific - very colourful!