"If you hear a voice within you say, 'you cannot paint,' then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced." --Vincent van Gogh

Tuesday, July 3, 2007

The Latest ...

No, I haven't fallen off the face of the Earth! Feels like it sometimes, though! I am itching to create more small pieces like the last two, but at the moment I am moving all my creative stuff from the living room - where it is always an eyesore - to a spare room upstairs, which I will have to share with any guests that we may have. Of course, this means I have to clear out the junk that is in the spare room - not a ton of it, but enough to make it a longer process than I'd like. It will be worth it when it's over, though. I will have a "studio" - sort of - and I won't have to look at everything all the time. Can't wait!!!

My husband just celebrated one of those "OH" birthdays, so we took a little camping trip to the North Carolina mountains, and here is how we rang in the new decade:

What a blast!


In the meantime, I am taking another class through Quilt University - this one is fabric dyeing. I've got a stack of fabrics now, and it will take me forever to use them all, but it's been lots of fun. I am signed up to take part 2 of the class, which starts at the end of July. Still not sure that was a good idea! So below are some photos of a few of the pieces I have dyed. The first and last are silk, the rest are cotton. I have no clue what I will do with the silk pieces, but they sure are lucious!



No comments: