"If you hear a voice within you say, 'you cannot paint,' then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced." --Vincent van Gogh

Friday, July 31, 2009

Really, Can you blame me?

Can you blame me for loving the ocean? Last weekend we travelled to the southern edge of Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. We were there for a baseball tournament, but managed to enjoy plenty of fun times on the beach. The last morning (Sunday) I got up early and took a walk on the beach while the sun rose. It was beautiful!


I thought this would be a good time to also share the photos of the bracelet that was published in the current issue of Cloth Paper Scissors. This is the front (which was in the magazine):

And here is the back. They did not include a photo of the back, but I used a series of beach-themed bottle caps, and I like it just as well as the front:

I can't quite believe it is the end of July. The year is flying by at breakneck speed. I haven't spent too much time in my studio, and I certainly haven't managed to get it cleaned and organized! I have managed to take a walk, every morning, with my dog. I have also finished two books this month: Odd Thomas by Dean Koontz and The Broker by John Grisham. Both were good, though not the best I have read by these authors. I probably liked The Broker the best of the two. My all-time favorite Koontz novel is By the Light of the Moon. Truly an excellent book. You should read it!!!

12 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Beautiful photos Michelle!!
We are headed out to Duck, N.C for the last week of August. have you been there? this will be our first trip to the Outer Banks and I am very excited about it. Not quite as long a drive as going to Cape Cod!!!
Hugs!
Elizabeth

jgr said...

Yes, truly gorgeous! I especially enjoyed them because we usually GO to the beach (FLA) every summer and this year we're on "staycation" so it was a virtual trip for me. ALso: I like the bracelet and I agree with you the back is just as cool as the front. Congrats on being published, too! That's one of my goals, maybe it will happen if I actually submit something LOL!

Gabriela said...

Gorgeous Michelle....Having grown up by the ocean, I always miss it here in Ohio...
The bracelet is just fabulous!

Quilt Rat said...

Yes Dean Koontz is an all time fave but I agree the Odd Thomas series was a little disappointing.
LOVE those ocean side photos......I am soooooooo completely envious!
A huge Congrats on your inclusion in the magazine. Way to go!

Dotti said...

Those pictures are breathtaking Michelle. Clever idea, also, using beach themed bottlecaps.

Karen said...

The bracelet is lovely Michelle.

I've been reading like crazy for the past month and have nothing to show for it either. I'll probably post in my blog today or tomorrow but it's been a month since I last did. Somehow I don't feel to guilty about the reading as I haven't had a good reading kick in a long while.

Digitalgran said...

I love your photos too Michelle and I especially love that bracelet, congratulations on having it published.

Jackie Kirner said...

Hey Michelle! Great bracelet and congrats on being published in CPS (just received my copy in the batch mail after my vacation.)

And THEN I opened my F.A.T. swaps from you - awesome! How fun....

Jackie K.

Judy Alexander said...

Great pictures. I can never seem to get enough sunset photos.....I was painting fabric yesterday and you can see the results on my blog. Bracelet is fun too!

Judi said...

Great pictures! Your braclet is awesome, I carry the keychain you gave me with my register keys on it. Congrats on being published.

NEEDLEWINGS said...

OMG what wonderful photos! Makes me want to go there too!
Your bracelet it gorgeous!

Cathie said...

Beautiful ocean pictures. We are headed over there tomorrow morning on the Harley (Sabrina is going to Carrowinds and will be gone early am to late nite) so we have the day to ourselves. Can't wait and now your pictures make me want to go even more.

What a beautiful bracelet. I'm off to Borders on Sunday to pick up a copy of CPS so you can autograph it for me next week!
XO