"If you hear a voice within you say, 'you cannot paint,' then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced." --Vincent van Gogh

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Whadda Ya Know?

Not much! You? (ok, that was a joke ... fans of National Public Radio might get it...) anyway - Whadda ya know, I finished a UFO (unfinished object aka old project) ... took me long enough.
I traded 1.5" alphabet tiles with the Art Techniques group, waaaay back in late 2007. I have had these tiles in a little box thinking they were all cool and not having a clue what I would do with them. I finally made a decision and here is the result. The mat was a store-bought black mat when I started and I glued and painted and worked it to death until I finally felt it suited the piece. I think the hardest part was deciding which word to put in the center. Even with my choice, I wish the W were a bit larger. I guess I could change it, but that really isn't the point of a collaberative art piece. Click on the photo to see it close up. The tiles are all unique and pretty amazing.

8 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Michelle!! this is a wonderful peice!! big kuddos to you for creating a Finished project from your swappped tiles. I looked at them cloasely and they are all very beautiful! You have inspired me yet again to take out some of my swap stashes and make something with them!!!
Hugs!
Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

this is absolutely spectacular! really, really gorgeous.

carole brungar said...

What an interesting piece of art to hang on a wall! How clever!
Carole

Anonymous said...

This is marvellous Michelle, you did an excellent job with it, what a neat way to display all of those little pieces.

Pam McKnight said...

I love your collage, thanks for sharing.
http://pammcknight.blogspot.com/

Gabriela said...

LOVE IT!!!!

Judy Rys said...

Great job! I'm so impressed that you used your swap stash. My quilt group has an alphabet challenge that should be fun. We each have to use one letter on the surface, along with something recycled and mounted onto stretched canvas.

NEEDLEWINGS said...

OMG! I love this Michelle! I collect alphabet things! Among my favorites, I have a printer's stick I bought in England and I have a Welsh alphbet poster. This would look so cool with my collection. lol
(Now how did I get that! My word verification is demon!)