"If you hear a voice within you say, 'you cannot paint,' then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced." --Vincent van Gogh

Thursday, August 9, 2007

Always an Adventure


So, I found these frames and wanted to do something with them. When I was dyeing fabrics, I used some paper towels to mop up my spills. I took these towels and decoupaged torn pieces to the frames. I love how they turned out. The problem is, they "need" something... something dimensional, some focal point to add interest. I'm having absolutely no luck figuring out what that "something" might be.
Any suggestions are welcomed!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love the frames just the way they are. But for "show", how about you print out a nice quote or poem in cute fonts to put in the frames. Just a thought, C

Dianne said...

Love the frames - so colourful!!!

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed reading and ohhhing and awwwing over you blog.You are a wonderful artist.You frames are awsome and the quote idea is great. It would work very well. Or how about a b and w phototograhy, or simple b and w abstract art. Or doodle art along the lines of
http://zentangle.com
well i guess thats the same thing as black abstract, but ykwim.
I think what ever you do will be amazing.