"If you hear a voice within you say, 'you cannot paint,' then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced." --Vincent van Gogh

Sunday, March 18, 2007

Back to Creating


Time to put some more art on the board! This is the start of my final piece for the Self Expressions class. Of course, I signed up for part 2 of the class, so there will be more to come. I didn't want to lose my momentum!
I am planning to change the border a bit and extend the striped fabric to the corner (I meant to do that, but cut it wrong). I'm also thinking about curving the edges, but we'll see how it develops.
I made the leaves using the same technique that I used in the stained glass postcards that I posted a photo of earlier. I am really enjoying this technique and have decided to continue to develop it further.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

love this! great color and energy in the piece. can't wait to see the final product.

Anonymous said...

M, I just love this and I really do want to "steal" the idea for my own quilting. The geometric shapes just really do it for me. - C

Cathie said...

Wow Michelle, this is awesome. It's so different from your other work. You really are coming in to your own here with this self expression class. Janice is right - it does have great energy.
Cathie