"If you hear a voice within you say, 'you cannot paint,' then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced." --Vincent van Gogh

Sunday, February 11, 2007

Progress!


I simplified the layout of the rocks, sliced up my water fabric (that was tough!) and started to add some details. Nothing is stitched down yet, which is actually quite annoying, so I think I am going to start stitching and just roll with it and see where it goes. There is a sliver of sand at the bottom of the piece, which you can't see in this picture, but it grounds the piece and gives the eye somewhere to rest near the bottom of the piece. Hopefully I'll have it stitched together and ready to show you soon!

3 comments:

Cathie said...

Oh my goodness girl... this looks amazing - I could feel the seaspray! Keep up the good work - I can't wait to see it when it's finished.

C

Anonymous said...

I can't tell here what the scale is. Is that postcard size?
Carolyn

Michelle said...

It's 8.5 x 11 inches.