"If you hear a voice within you say, 'you cannot paint,' then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced." --Vincent van Gogh

Saturday, February 3, 2007

Painting on Fabric




I'm also working on a project to recreate an art masterpiece on fabric. I have just started working on this Miro painting called "Sant Joan d'Horta Chapel", which was painted in 1917. The reproduced piece is approximately 5"x6", which I'm finding is a challenging size to work with! I have a little more painting to do, and then I will trim it up and add some stitching. I'll post a photo when I'm finished.

3 comments:

Susan said...

Very cool! And I like your blog too!
Welcome to the world of blogging!

:)

Cathie said...

Hi Michelle. A W E S O M E!
Isn't it fun? So far I love it and you have so many beautiful things to put on there. My favorite blogs are the ones that really go into detail and explain how things are done -- be sure to do that with some of your stuff because it is so good!

Cathie

Joanna said...

This is amazing! Great work!