"If you hear a voice within you say, 'you cannot paint,' then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced." --Vincent van Gogh

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Back at it

I haven't posted in a while. We had family in town last weekend, so I didn't work on much. We had a wonderful visit, though! Now it's time to turn my attention back to my commitments ... get those "Miros" finished, and keep plugging away at the elements class. I haven't worked on my water scene much, and the class is onto "fire" now, so that is underway. I'll post more pics soon. I also signed up for another Quilt University class called "Self Expression". I signed up on a whim, the day before the class started. It turns out that it is probably exactly what I have been looking for. It is about finding your own way as an artist - how exciting!

Oh, it's Lent, too. I gave up spending money on unnecessary things. Ought to be an interesting 6 weeks...

No comments: