"If you hear a voice within you say, 'you cannot paint,' then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced." --Vincent van Gogh

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Slug Fest

First, I just need to say that I cannot believe it's October. My kids birthdays are in October and January, and the ensuing four months always feel like a whirlwind to me - two birthdays and a bunch of holidays thrown in between! I'm not sure I'm ready for this.



We were doing some yard work over the weekend and Tom discovered these two slugs galavanting on the side of the house. I don't know how high they climbed before they realized that DOWN was the way to go. They were each at least 5" long and climbed nose-to-tail like this the whole time we watched them. It reminded me of the old Warner Bros cartoon of the skunk, Pepe' Le Pew and his relentless pursuit of the cat, Penelope. I loved that cartoon!

I hope these slugs are harmless, that's for sure!!!

1 comment:

Winter Wanderings said...

too cute! this is my last comment today - but sure am glad I followed your link earlier from your Textile Challenge email!