"If you hear a voice within you say, 'you cannot paint,' then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced." --Vincent van Gogh

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

How charming is Black and White?

I'm starting to think I live a charmed life inspite of the terrible economy! Remember the pink charms I made for Amber Dawn's Think Pink Charm Swap? Well, here are the enticing packages that arrived in my mailbox last week ... I will show you all my treasures as soon as I can get good photos of them. There are some fantastic charms and I can't wait to put them all together!

Don't forget the purpose of this exchange - two extra charms from each swapper (there were 31 of us!) are being used to make bracelets to be auctioned off to benefit the Komen Foundation. Also, you can buy entries to win the art doll Love Squared, which is truly an amazing and one-of-a-kind never-to-be-duplicated work of art. Your entry equals a donation to the search for a cure for breast cancer. What could be better than that??

So, now Amber is hosting a black and white charm exchange and I seem to have caught the bug. Below are some of the caps that I made while I was coming up with samples to share with Amber. I am thrilled that she liked them and has accepted them into the swap!!! The true black and white color scheme is really quite striking.


While I was playing around with the color scheme, I also created this charm. It is 2" long, which is a bit too large for the swap, and it was very labor intensive, but I just love how it came out! In fact, I have just hung it from the charm that you see in the top center of the photo above and with a little more bling (TBD), I think I will hang it on my Christmas tree!


Beading and jewelry making (other than with caps!) is new to me and I have a lot to learn, but it's a fun adventure.

6 comments:

TracyB said...

VERY nice charms lady!! :)

Anonymous said...

Really like what you've done here with the black and white caps and the dangly piece underneath Michelle.

Joanna said...

Beautiful charms! I hope we see an article in CPS by you!

Anonymous said...

did you paint the caps any? they look black along the edges -C

Winter Wanderings said...

have you figure out .... I'm slowly reading backwards through your blog! I sure hope there's more information on these great bottle cap pieces you make. Is there? I am feeling the urge to try something on my own ....

3rdEyeMuse said...

oooh! your black and white bottle cap charms are TERRIFIC! I can't wait, I can't wait, I can't WAIT!!