"If you hear a voice within you say, 'you cannot paint,' then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced." --Vincent van Gogh

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

7 Random Things

I've been tagged by Vicky. Actually she tagged me a while ago, and I've been pondering what other random things about me that I could share with you ... so here goes ...

1) I really need a haircut.

2) My mother (Happy Birthday, Mom!) insists she never dressed me in plaid pants and argyle socks (see previous post about what I remember). She is probably right. I probably dressed myself.

3) When I was a kid, I loved mud. There is no good mud in the south, just icky clay.

4) I am easily distracted
5) The last book I finished (February's read - but finished about a week ago) is The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini. It's an incredible book. You should read it.

6) March's read is Tangerine by Edward Bloor. It is a pre-teen book that my 12 year old son recommended to me (you should read this, mom!), so I am reading it and so far enjoying it.
7) I have the song "Lucille" by Kenny Rogers stuck in my head. I have absolutely no idea how it got there. The lyrics go (in my best southern twang): You picked a fine time to leave me, Lucille! Four hungry children and a crop in the field ... When I was a kid, I thought he said "four hundred children". I couldn't fathom it! Now I realize it probably just felt that way.
Be sure to check out Vicky's Blog - she's got some amazing experiments of ice dyeing - something I will no doubt be trying at some point!

2 comments:

Kate North said...

So, now I'm going to have Lucille stuck in my head all night :) Kite Runner was great, I agree. For once, a book which lived up to its hype.

Anonymous said...

Well, I guess the argument over the plaid pants and argyle socks has been settled. Wiseguy's first rule (they are all 1st) is that preception is always greater than the truth. Your preceptions of the plaid pants and argyle socks allows both you and your mother to be right.

See, doesn't that make life and our relationships so much simpler.

Wiseguy