1) I really need a haircut.
2) My mother (Happy Birthday, Mom!) insists she never dressed me in plaid pants and argyle socks (see previous post about what I remember). She is probably right. I probably dressed myself.
3) When I was a kid, I loved mud. There is no good mud in the south, just icky clay.
4) I am easily distracted
5) The last book I finished (February's read - but finished about a week ago) is The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini. It's an incredible book. You should read it.
6) March's read is Tangerine by Edward Bloor. It is a pre-teen book that my 12 year old son recommended to me (you should read this, mom!), so I am reading it and so far enjoying it.
7) I have the song "Lucille" by Kenny Rogers stuck in my head. I have absolutely no idea how it got there. The lyrics go (in my best southern twang): You picked a fine time to leave me, Lucille! Four hungry children and a crop in the field ... When I was a kid, I thought he said "four hundred children". I couldn't fathom it! Now I realize it probably just felt that way.
Be sure to check out Vicky's Blog - she's got some amazing experiments of ice dyeing - something I will no doubt be trying at some point!