It's long been one of my goals to incorporate painting with fabric. I made these postcards by painting some white muslin fabric with Dyn-A-Flow paints, using them as if they were watercolors. I then took some watercolor paper and painted a little scene that echoed the colors in the fabric. I edged the scene with copper tape and attached it to the fabric with metal brads.
The first picture shows how I inteded to finish the edges, but half way through the 3rd postcard (which is not pictured), my machine decided to stop working. I ended up finishing the others by hand - the easiest way to do that was to add some trim and whip stitch it on. I like the clean edges of the top two, but a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!!!
It was challenging to work so small (about 2.5 x 3") with the watercolor paints, but I did enjoy getting them out again and hope to find some time to do more with them soon.
“Circling Back,” a Tiny Little Thing
11 hours ago