"If you hear a voice within you say, 'you cannot paint,' then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced." --Vincent van Gogh

Thursday, May 24, 2007

For a Friend


I belong to an online group called Fiber Art Traders. It is a large and active group that explores all areas of Fiber Arts. Yesterday was the 2nd anniversary of the inception of the group. Several of us joined together to create journal quilts (8.5x11) to go into a book as a gift for the listowner. I was honored to be asked to participate, and this is the quilt that I gave her. As it turns out, it is one of my favorite pieces and I will likely have to make one for myself! I made it a few months ago, but couldn't post a photo for fear of giving away the surprise.
The fabrics are all painted dryer sheets, and the saying along the bottom reads,:
"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world" ~ Anne Frank

No comments: