"If you hear a voice within you say, 'you cannot paint,' then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced." --Vincent van Gogh

Friday, January 8, 2010

Dis-cards

Every year, after Christmas, I turn these ...
into one of these ...

I date them, and hang them as ornaments on our tree. I just love them. It's a keepsake of holiday wishes, and I don't feel guilty that I'm not "keeping" all those cards! (I do use the rest for other projects, and recycle what I can't use).

These are some of the ornaments I've made over the years. Leave me a comment and let me know if you are interested in a tutorial. If there is some interest, I will happily publish one.

~Michelle

6 comments:

jgr said...

Hi Michelle,
These are so cool! I would love to see a tutorial.
The way it is now, I save all of our cards in a big basket. It would be great to have them in the form of an ornament.

Dotti said...

I'd love to see a tutorial too. These are a good idea!

Cathie said...

okay - love those little crochet flowers. I want to make things out of them! But this little ornament - too cool.

Vivian said...

Michelle, this is such a great idea! I would love a tutorial, too! you are so talented!

Gale said...

I would love to see a tutorial.
What a good idea!

Sue said...

I would love to see how they're done as well!