"If you hear a voice within you say, 'you cannot paint,' then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced." --Vincent van Gogh

Thursday, June 7, 2007

Bottle Cap Pendant


This is a first for me. The photo mats got me thinking about altered art and wondering what else I could do. I decided to turn a bottle cap into a pendant and I think it came out pretty well! It turns out that the inside is just about 1" diameter, so I used a hole punch to make the background. I added a few embellishments to it and covered it with UTEE before gluing it down. It would have been easier to glue it down first and pour melted UTEE over the top, but I don't have a melting pot ... something to add to the list, I guess! I added the crystal glitter and the charm and beads. I hope to make many more of these. Let me know what you think!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

M, you MUST come bring some of your artwork to the shop where I sell my things (if you can part with them)....I think they'd sell!

Very cute tote bag.

Did you pound the bottle cap flat first? I can't tell from the picture. And may I place my order now for Christmas gifts? -C

Faye said...

Very impressive, love the idea of the bottle-top pendent. Parhaps you can do a tutorial on them?
thanks for sharing - Faye