"If you hear a voice within you say, 'you cannot paint,' then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced." --Vincent van Gogh

Thursday, April 28, 2011

The "Stitch" Part

Just a quick post to give you a sneak peek at what's working its way to the top of my list. I got a box of goodies (ie: stuff she was going to toss) from my M-I-L. In that box was this skirt...
A 70's patchwork made by her mother (ie: my husband's grandmother). It's lined with muslin and the elastic is shot. But oooooh, have I got plans!

I am going to use this skirt as the background for several Priority Alzheimers Quilts to benefit the Alzheimers Art Quilt Innitiative (AAQI). Given that my husband's grandmother (and great-grandmother) suffered from this awful disease, I thought it was a fitting use for her skirt. I'm excited to dust off my fabrics and have some fun!


~Michelle

3 comments:

Penny L Weaver said...

What a delicious treat to work with! ...can't wait to see what you come up with for your AAQI pieces!

Oh, and best of luck with your show this weekend :-)

- p

Anonymous said...

Good luck, should be interesting to see what you come up with :)

Jeanne Turner McBrayer said...

What a great idea! It's always nice to get some already-sewn patchwork. That skirt just screams "70's." Can't wait to see what you create.