I was tagged by Kim and thought, since I have no art to show you, I would play along. My machine is in the shop, and hopefully I can pick it up tomorrow. I also took my serger in, so I can start using that again. OK, here goes ...
1. Link to tagger and post these rules;
2. Share seven facts about yourself, some random, some weird;
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post and list their names (linking to them);
4. Let them know they've been tagged by leaving a comment on their blogs.
Seven facts about me:
1. I was a cheerleader in high school and I still cannot SIT in the bleachers when something good happens in a game - especially if one of my kids is playing - I always jump up. It's automatic. Sometimes it's embarrassing. Too bad all that flexibility I used to have isn't automatic, too!
2. I was scratched by a cat when I was 2 and have a scar on my face to prove it. However, I love cats.
3. I am conversational in Spanish.
4. I took art classes through middle school, but my teacher never particularly liked my work, so I always thought I wasn't very good at "art". I still struggle with that.
5. I want to visit Greece, Italy and Spain someday.
6. I have been fascinated by the story of Pompeii since 3rd grade ("Pompeii" by Robert Harris - is an excellent adult book!)
7. I used to ride, train, and show horses, and I miss it.
OK, I'm not going to tag anyone, but if you'd like to play along then consider yourself tagged!
And for those who actually read this post, I thought I'd share a photo of a piece I made last year before I started blogging. It was a challenge to use textural raw materials like burlap, cheesecloth and nylon outdoor fabric. I was (am) really proud of what I created. I wish I still owned it!